Monday, October 3, 2011

Flash Builder 4.5 Plugin

So after searching the web for a way to use my Spring Source IDE (eclipse) with the new version of Flash Builder 4.5 and not finding a simple download solution, I decided to manually figure out a way to copy all the plugins and files to hack my own version together.  This was mainly because I use so many plugins (flexpmd, maven etc.) and didn’t want to have to reinstall all of them and make the switch and also have to re-import and  reconfigure all my projects.
Well low and behold in my process I realized that Adobe places a utility in the Flashbuilder/utilities folder that installs the plugin into an existing copy of eclipse!  Awesome, so now all I have to do is make a copy of my SDK’s, uninstall my previous version of Flash Builder Plugin, double-click the Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 Plug-in Utility.exe and point it to my SpringSource location.  I’m back up and running with all the new features!  Oh and now my unit tests work for flex libraries!
So basically just download the standalone Flashbuilder 4.5 and then use the utility that comes with it to upgrade your plugin!  There should be some documentation or something for it.  I went to Adobe’s release notes that should tell you this but you get a 404 error.  Not helpful when you’re on a timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment